At the Long-span Bridge Engineering Center, we provide various types of technical support for planning, construction and maintenance of long-span bridges, based on technology accumulated through construction and maintenance of the Honshu-Shikoku Bridges, including the "Akashi Kaikyo Bridge," the world's longest suspension bridge.
Providing rational design proposals and specific designs for long-span bridges.
(2) Support for maintenance of existing bridges
Technical support for investigation, diagnosis and repair of existing bridges.
(3) Support for project implementation bodies
Supporting design, construction and maintenance by project implementation bodies
(4) Support by resident engineers
Engineers stay at the office of bridge project implementation bodies and carry out the following.
- Supervision of consultants and contractors
- Supporting technical documents, cost estimation, and site inspection.
- Proposals for cost reduction and shortening of construction times
(5) Technical cooperation as a member of technical committee
Engineers with experience in Long-span bridge design and construction participate in technical committees, providing technical advice.
With abundant expertise and experience in Long-span bridges, we are available for consultations in a variety of fields!
Take on roles as comprehensive agencies for Long-span bridge research, design, construction and maintenance. As for technical cooperation, consultations and inquiries are welcome at the following address.
4-1-22 Onoedori, Chuo-ku, Kobe 651-0088, JAPAN
Engineering Management and Earthquake Engineering Division, Long-span Bridge Engineering Center, Honshu-Shikoku Bridge Expressway Company. Ltd.