Dog run at Awaji Service Area (outbound)
The dog run at Awaji Service Area (outbound) on the Kobe-Awaji-Naruto Expressway renewed in April 2016 after expanding the area by about 200m2. This ensures the dog run can accommodate even more users.
The dog run received additional bowers and benches, providing added comfort for pet owners. Be sure to drop by with your dog.
Exterior view of dog run
There are bowers in four locations
Pet-only drinking fountain and footbath
The dog run is open and offers good visibility
There is a dog pole also located at the outside terrace of the food court
There is a dog pole also located at the outside terrace of Starbucks Coffee.
Enjoy a cup of coffee while playing with your pet and taking in the views of Akashi-Kaikyo Bridge.
"Training Workshop" event
Dog cafe during an event
Dog run information
|Facility name||Summary (quantity, etc.)|
|Drinking fountain||1 location|
|Open hours||24 hours|
|Other facilities||1 bin for pet waste,|
|Facility description||The dog run was renewed in April 2016 after expanding the area by about 200 m2. Now even more users can enjoy it.
The dog run received additional bowers and benches, providing added comfort for pet owners.
*Awaji Service Area (inbound) does not have a dog run. However, there is a drinking fountain and rest area.
This facility is open to the public free of charge. Please abide by the following rules to ensure everyone's safety.
- The following dogs are not allowed.
Dogs that are aggressive, dogs that have a transmittable disease, and dogs that are not vaccinated or haven't been vaccinated for rabies
- All small children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Owners must accompany and supervise their dog at all times.
- Owners must be aware of other dogs, too, to avoid collisions.
- If two dogs get into fight, the owners must deal with the situation while ensuring their own safety. In addition, owners must help to subdue fights by controlling their dog to prevent it from taking part in fights with other dogs.
- Dog waste must be disposed off in the designated bin.
- Be sure to follow other dog owner etiquette.
- Dog owners accept all responsibility for any accident or incident that occurs inside the dog run.
- Any trouble between dog owners must be resolved by the parties involved.
- The dog run may be closed during inclement weather (rain, high wind, snow, thunder, lightning, typhoon, etc.)
- Please leave the dog run promptly when staff announce they will be closing and locking it.
- Do not enter the dog run when it is closed.